An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven and passionate Sales Director to work within a market leading successful business. Driving profitable sales with a professional "hands on" approach whilst continuing to help the company to grow.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and the Senior management team, as the leader of sales, you will drive our sales and marketing business functions and help to steer business development. Delivering first class services to key stakeholders whilst increasing sales and profitability.
You will be comfortable working with all business functions to ensure all objectives, strategies and initiatives are implemented and executed on time and effectively.
The Role? - Driving Sales
- Utilise your knowledge of our industries to implement strategies that will continue to drive sales turnover.
- Develop relationships with relevant associations, industries and partners.
- Steer our sales and marketing strategy working with the senior management and marketing team to proactively plan and execute activities in line with this strategy.
- Create a clear, focused strategy for the route to market by product, service or sector and develop key customer accounts.
- Contribute to the creation of an environment that enhances customer experience.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of sales data to identify trends and opportunity implementing strategic measures to drive sales and profitability.
Empowering & Developing Our People
- Collaborate with our Senior Management team to develop and steer key business targets, goals and objectives.
- Engage your team by providing direction and clarity of business goals and objectives through effective planning, prioritisation and regular communication.
- Effectively manage the performance of your teams ensuring that any gaps in performance are highlighted and acted upon in one-to-one meetings and regular performance improvement plans.
- Motivate and reward your team through clear positive communication of achievement of targets.
What Skills & Experience will you need to have?
- At least 5 years senior-level sales management and proven performance for a manufacturer or distributor ideally from one of our industry sectors or in the security, IOT or software industries.
- Experience of working with and reporting to trade bodies, associations, Police and insurance companies.
- Acts proactively, addresses issues or opportunities without supervision, focuses on desired results, demonstrates clear purpose and enthusiasm.
- Leads, directs, motivates others and provides clear direction and sets priorities to accomplish desired actions and results.
- Keeps team members informed, ensures their needs are met and delegates responsibility and empowers team members to do their jobs.
- Effectively transitions from task to task, copes well with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Sage and CRM databases.
- Financial & Budget Planning.
What Personality and Character are we looking for?
- A confident business professional with the ability to negotiate and present at all levels of business and organisations.
- Highly organised, works well under pressure with the ability to prioritise activities in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills.
- Highly determined and disciplined.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Masters in a relevant subject desirable.
- Second language desirable.
If you are interested in the position, please forward your CV and covering letter stating why we should consider you to: email@example.com
Date Created: 24/02/2022