Our Success Story
For over ten years identification of stolen plant has been made easier thanks to the UK's Official Construction Equipment Security and Registration Scheme - CESAR.
Plant and agricultural machinery theft continues to be a serious issue for the construction and agricultural industry and its insurers. To combat the threat from opportunistic and organised criminals alike the construction and agricultural industries united behind one official equipment security and registration scheme - CESAR.
Combining state of the art Datatag ID technologies, both overt and covert, with a low one-off cost with registration on a secure database accessible through an accredited and dedicated 24/7 UK based secure contact centre, the scheme aims to deter theft and aide recovery.
The triangular CESAR registration plate has become the industry standard identification mark with support from local authorities, leading contractors, the farming community, the police, insurers and hire and finance companies. The Construction Equipment Association (CEA) and the Agricultural Engineers Association (AEA) fully support the scheme along with other stakeholders including:
- Leading equipment manufacturers, importers and dealers
- The UK Home Office
- The Police (NPCC)
- Plant Hire Companies
- Trade Associations
- Major Insurers
- Asset Finance Companies
- Positive, proven theft deterrent
- 24/7 UK Contact Centre - instant Police access to database
- Roadside, immediate identification - no lengthy laboratory tests
- No special equipment required - identification through standard issue tools
- Single cost - no annual fees
- Unique registration - one number : one machine
- Transferable to new owner
- Owned by The Construction Equipment Association (CEA) - the Trade Association that represents the UK Construction Equipment sector.
- Promoted by The Agricultural Engineers Association (AEA) - the Trade Association established in 1875 that promotes British manufacturers and suppliers of agricultural machinery.
- Powered by Datatag ID Ltd - the UK's most trusted supplier of security marking technologies and secure registration.